Wednesday, October 6, 2010

lemonade

Grapefruit juice is up to $4 a bottle now, and I really just can't afford to feed my addiction anymore. I couldn't even afford it when it was $3 a bottle, let alone $4. Heck, it could drop to $1 a bottle and it'd still be too expensive for my meager budget. So now I'm trying to wean myself off of it altogether by drinking diluted lemonade. It probably doesn't sound very appetizing but seriously, I think it's the best-tasting drink next to my beloved grapefruit juice. I just add a couple of tablespoons of Minute Maid lemonade to a tall glass of cold water, and top it off with a couple ice cubes. The heavy, sugary taste of straight lemonade is just too much for me; this is much more like French Limonade, only with water instead of soda.

I know, ice cold lemonade seem a little out of place when most people are stocking up on hot cocoa, but I like my beverages cold, even in autumn.. even in the middle of winter :)