Tuesday, January 17, 2012

tale as old as time



dress - modcloth
cardigan - forever 21
shoes - modcloth
belt - h&m

I wore this on Saturday morning to go see Beauty and The Beast 3D, but as soon as I stepped outside I realized I had to wear something a lot warmer! So I went back in and changed into a longsleeve dress, sweater and tights* (darn you, January weather!) But I'm glad I took the photos of this outfit first because I had it planned for weeks before the movie -- it's my version of Belle's ball gown! :)

Saturday was one of my favorite days ever! Me, my mom and my grandmom had a girls day out. First we went to the movie (my first time at a movie theater in like 2 years -- whoa popcorn is expensive!!) which was absolutely amazing!! I was afraid the 3D would be too in-your-face and hokey, but it was so subtle and pretty! It was like there were a bunch of layers to the animation. The scenery was especially beautiful, sometimes it looked like there were vines and flowers inside the theater around the screen.

After the movie we wandered around the mall window-shopping for a couple hours (we played "guess the price" in Anthropologie ... it was so fun!) and then we went to Macaroni Grill for dinner and dessert (yum!!) It's rare that the three of us get to spend time together alone, so this was such a fun treat! Seeing one of my favorite movies on the big screen with two of my favorite people -- it doesn't get much better than that! :)

*I'll post the other outfit Thursday :)