Wednesday, May 23, 2012

sprinkled with sweetness



dress - modcloth
cardigan - old navy
shoes - urbanog

It's been a long time since I wore this dress. It's one of my all time favorites (I also own the same one in navy) but I totally forgot about it until I was perusing the sale section on modcloth the other day and saw that it's almost sold out. For some reason it made me so sad, I have no idea why! I just love this dress so much and I guess I naively hoped it would remain in production forever so generations of girls could experience the same glee as I did when they first tried it on.

Actually, that's bound to happen anyway if vintage continues to thrive even when we're all old and wrinkly. Some young thing in 2080 will be shuffling through the racks at The Salvation Army and come across this magnificent early 21st century frock. They'll let out a little scream of delight, then brag to their shopping companion that they found it first.

Then they'll log into the internet in their brains, and do a quick scan to find out who owned it first. They'll discover my blog archives and have a good laugh about the days before pink hair pills* ("she actually dyed her hair manually?! haha!")

*a girl can dream...