Saturday, August 17, 2013

roll along prairie moon



On Thursday we went to Grounds for Sculpture, an outdoor sculpture park in my area. We don't usually go too often because the ticket prices are a little steep but I just found out that they have a summertime special where the ticket price is cut in half if you go during their extended hours, after 6pm. So we had a nice little evening outing! I've never been there late in the day before and the grounds are even more beautiful at night. There's one section that's been made to look like a scene from a Van Gogh painting (in the picture above) I thought it was so awesome! They got the brush strokes and perspective down perfectly.

The main reason I wanted to go was because I needed a statue for one of my Gishwhes challenges (yup, that again! haha!) but me and Kyle ended up deciding to film a little outfit post video while we were there and I love how it turned out! Kyle got kind of hokey trying to capture sun flares and things, and basically it's just one minute of me walking and trying to get in a hammock, but we had so much fun making it :) The song in the video is "Roll Along Prairie Moon" by Jack Jackson & his Orchestra, and it was shot using the 8mm app on my iphone.






dress- modcloth | shoes - uo | bag - handmade gift from casey!