Wednesday, June 18, 2014

memories are made of this



I feel like I'm exceeding an outfit post quota this week (3 and it's only Wednesday?!) but I have a bit of a backlog of pictures saved on my computer and I thought I'd just unload as many as possible this week. Plus, I've sort of been dying to share this skirt.

I spend way more time than any adult probably should thinking about the things I wish I had bought from Delias catalogs in the 90's and early 00's. I've mentioned the white Roxy strawberry bag (which, actually, I did own, but then stupidly sold on ebay and have regretted it ever since) and there was this giant inflatable piece of furniture that kind of looked like a hamster wheel for humans but it was SO cool. There was a hatbox that had the coliseum printed on it, which wasn't even for sale, but I wanted it so badly.

And then there was this skirt with an all-over print of a landscape painting. I can remember it so vividly, even the layout of the page it was featured on! I thought it was the most beautiful thing ever. It was more purple/blue-ish than this skirt, but this is probably the closest thing I've come across in the years since the Delias skirt eluded me.

Maybe it's the art history major in me, or maybe it all comes down to my star-crossed love affair with the skirt in the catalog, but I don't think I'll ever be able to resist a piece of clothing if an all-over painting print is involved. Art is beautiful on walls and in museums, but there's something to be said for wearing it, too :)


blouse - vintage | brooch -vintage | skirt - c/o chicwish | shoes - bait footwear