Monday, September 29, 2014

the devil wears pastels



[Read the following in a very snobby fashion magazine editor voice] This is perhaps the simplest way to start transitioning your pastel pieces into fall, by pairing them with neutral separates like this stunning tan cardigan. In April I'd probably be reaching for a lilac sweater or adding a light pink belt for an extra punch of pastel, but this time of year I tone down the dial. Seafoam green can still look season-appropriate when partnered with a pop of beige. [end snobby fashion magazine voice]

I feel like it's impossible to talk about stuff like this without sounding ridiculous. I was telling my parents about my whole "wearing pastels in the fall" outfit post series and when I explained it to them [in the snobby fashion magazine editor voice] I also felt the need to include robotic gestures, stiffly waving my hand across my torso to illustrate where exactly a belt with a punch of pastel color would be located.




dress- modcloth | shoes - c/o bait footwear